Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Honors History

This past semester while enrolling myself as an honors student, I felt completly challenged and I have found a new love for history. I feel that I have learned a lot while being an honors students and I got to a deeper learning experience for historical related class topics, I feel the blog and prompts we were assigned were great and it was a exciting challenge researching through your text books, and on the web for information and quotes for citations. I really enjoyed the work I did as an honors student, and I feel I put my all into it.

If I were given the chance to re-do this semster to improve my honors work, I feel I would have set a up organized calendar with all my honors assignments that were due and when. i would have also set up outlines instead of researching each night and saving key points and fact into a word document then structuring the entire essay and finishing it the night its due.

Some goals I have set up for myself for my second semester of humanities honors class would be to:


- Structure essays, or blog assignments two days ahead of due dat on my blog.

- Highlight key points or facts in my "Nations of Nations" book, and annotate each chapter.

- Set up a calendar for all my assignments due in Humanities, and highlight the honors assignments and have alerts sent to my phone.

- Buy more history books to help me out with future history writings or borrow some from teachers that are willing to lend their own.


If I were to choose a honors assignment that I feel I worked hardest on or is most presentable for only being two drafts, think it would be between my "Civil War Essay" or my "Honors Novel Essay" I feel it falls between these two because they were the first and I was so thrilled to start my honors assignments. My Civil War Essay was my biggest struggled seeing as it took me so long to come up with a perfect thesis statement. My novel Essay is a favorite because I personally choose the book myself and I found a real message through it that I expressed throughout my essay, Although I only chose these two it dos not mean that I am no proud of my other honors assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment