Thursday, February 18, 2010

Semester two blog #6

Choose one character from The Grapes of Wrath and list four important quotes said by or written by this character. Explain what you believe these quotes reveal about the character.

Muley

"Everybody's got to get off. Everybody's leavin', goin' out to California. Your folks, my folks, everybody's folks. Everybody except me. I ain't gettin' off."

"Like a damn ol' graveyard ghos'. I been goin' aroun' the places where stuff happened. Like there's a place over by forty; in a gully they's  a bush. Fust time I ever laid down with  a girl was there. Me fourteen an' stampin' an' jerkin' an' snortin' like a buck deer, randy as a billygoat. So I went there an' I laid down on the groun', right now. Mus' be. Nobody never washed it out. An' I put my han' on that groun' where my own pa's blood is part of it." He paused uneasily. "You fellas think I'm touched?" 

These quotes to me show that Muley is a tough character and cannot be taken control of, He is very outspoken and honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment