Monday, September 14, 2009

reflection

When I first started to write my artist statement I realized that I tend to ramble about the connections between me and my American Icon instead of making it a true relationship I made comparisons for example: "Both Alicia Keys and I were raised with absent fathers, however Alicia Keys knew her father and was on good terms with him."

One writing technique I really focused on in class we the concerts not pancakes because I was so focused on making Randy and the rest of the people reading my artist statement say "wow that was so good Jasmine." I used it by bringing my actual personal life into my paper and it made my paper more emotional and the connection that more real.

If I had time to do one more draft I think I would extend my paper it I had the space, or I would use more vocabulary words for example: when people critiqued my work they said "you use this word too much and it sound redundant."

Sentence: I remember living in homeless shelters and in our family car at one point, but as a child I was naïve to all the poverty and financial instability around me because my hard working mother loved me and showed it and that is all that mattered back then. To me this sentence says a lot about the struggles I have been through and how a strong single mother like mine was always there for me and protected me from the cruel world while I was actually living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment