Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Internship #8

Some characteristics and qualities I see in my mentor are empathy towards the students, I mean of course she cares for them but she does not allow them to be treated as different people since they want to be treated as "normal" so bad. Stacy shows tough love to the students and does not allow them to give up or be treated like babies because they dont feel like doing a simple task. I would like to learn to treat my students this way but in a way were they know i care but i will tolerate "bullshit". All around the work place I am surrounded by friendly, patient, and mature people and I admire them for their work.


My newfound apperciations are for the work my mentor has been doing for years. She has given hope for families and students with cognative disabilites to be able to open up in a community, and social setting without being judged. I developed these apperciations while teaching my class and watching the parents see their children grow and bond with other teenagers to become this "norm" in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment