Friday, January 15, 2010

internship #7

Project description


Internship site: Seeds Educational Services, Old Town

Department: Main Office

Project Title: Personal space

General Description: A video that will consist of students at HTHMA acting out the dont;s in socitey and between relationships, the video will also star students at S.E.E.D.S Education performing the things that are acceptable to do in society and between relationships.

Learning Objectives: To teach the students what to do so they can better adapt in relationships and in their communities. The video will be used as a review for classes for students at seeds.


Organization/Company Objectives & Benefits: Self Esteem Education and Development in Sexuality is a not for profit organization located in San Diego that aims to teach people with developmental disabilities how to form meaningful and safe relationships with others in their communities.

Schedule: Filiming on tuesdays and wednesdays (10:00-4:00)

Academic Skills: Organization, Writing, Billing, Public speaking.

Technical Skills: Basic MS word, Social Networking, Adobe reader.

Collaboration—Skills and Opportunities: Fire Saftey video, Classes, Video project, community service hours.

Exhibition Plans: Display Video and pictures of class

Schedule & Timelines: 10 minute speaking about organization, video, presentation, questions.

This week went by really well, Some highlights are figuring out the project I am going to present, and the site visit with Darren, and Sabrina. Some challenges I have faced this week were going through the Sexual Education slides and making the scanner work, I confronted Stacy and she is going to buy a new one. This week I went to my first class and I felt I worked really well with the students and they liked me and were excitied by the fact I was interning with them for awhile. Something that I did not expect were during class a student came up to me and told me that her boyfriend "touched her butt" knowing what they are learning and what should be important for them to know, and what to not do i replied saying "that's not a good thing for him to do especially in public, did you tell him to stop?" she told me "he stopped on his own" I was sure to tell her that the next time she sees him she should explain that it was not a good thing to do and she didnt like it. Describe my internship as intense, there is a lot of work to be done in the office and in class you have to make sure you are: sensitive, understanding, mature, and educated on the material you are teaching to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment