Tuesday, January 5, 2010

internship #1




This is Stacy Everson my mentor, she is a very professional and honest person. She dressed formal today because she had a meeting but around the office dresscode is more relaxed and casual, you dont need to dress up too professional.











Today I organized this draw with flashcards for the students that help them throughout their lessons and activites.











This cabinet did not look this organized when I frist saw it today Noni and I organized this cabinet and rearranged and got rid of un nessacary supplies.


















When working in the office Noni and I will usually be working here creating activities and working on our independent projects for internship.








Interview Questions:

During this ression has it been a struggle for you non-profit organization to recieve grants?

"The ression has slowed down the number of grants out organization get yearly but I am just glad they have no come to a complete stop."

Have your classes sizes increased or decreased since this financial burden?

"My class sizes have not been affected due to the financial burden, and I hope it will not result into that."

Reflection


This morning I woke up at 6:30 and went back to sleep and woke up again around 8:45. In the morning I did not eat breakfast because it is not a daily thing I do. My mom drove me to internship and that took 10 minutes (or less) The drive was short and good music played on the radio. When I first arrived I was 21 minutes I sat outside or the office and waited until I saw Noni. I said "Hello" to anyone that passed by. I work in the main office, in a small complex in Old Town. The area is calm and peaceful and everyone is very friendly. For lunch Noni and I went to a resturaunt across the way called "Pizza Bella" It was delicious but expensive. After lunch I got back to work which consisted of organizing flashcards that teach the students different emotions, and the differences from good things to do and bad things they shouldnt do. The next few days I see my self being a Teacher Assistant and helping create activites for the students teaching them wrong from right, and talking about real life experiences with me and my friends. I think during this experience I will do well engaging with the students and I feel I am prepared to be patient and understanding towards the students and their needs. I think I will need to learn are to be even more patient and organized. Another thing I will need to learn will to be more aware of my actions since the students will be watching my every move. What makes me excitied is that I have always wanted to do something like this with my life and now that i got the chance I feel I will be able to learn from this experience and possibly fulfil my childhood dream. What makes me nervous is possibly making a mistake or having a student think of me as something more than a volunteer/friend since part of this job is to teach them about realtionship and sexual education and some need the extra help with relationships. I got home around 5:50 and my commute was fine there was traffic, but i made it home safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment