Friday, January 8, 2010

internship #2

Look back on your first two days at your internship.


What have you actively done to start off on the right note?

These past two days i have been productive around the office and helpful with counting inventory and making a staff contact list. I would say that I have been responsible because I have always showed up on the scheduled time (or earlier)
What have you actively done to create interesting opportunities for yourself?
I got to show my mentor that I know how to fully use a computer, since she is so low-tech I feel I can help her become more aware of the technology that is out there for her and I feel it can possibly save her money in the future.
What have you actively done to advance the interests of your mentor and/or site?
I have not gotten the chance the chance to advance the interest of my mentor but I feel next week we will be able to understand each other and she could possibly find more office work for me to do that needs to be done on the computer.
What can you do in the immediate future to improve yourself and your experience in the above areas?
I have gotten the chance to put myself in a situation to show my mentor how I can react with the students and I feel I was outgoing to helpful and I was not nervous or scared at all like most people react. But I think I need to learn to be more understanding to the ones that choose to be more unsocial because I try to get them to join the group and enjoy themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment