Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Semester Reflection: Part One

Choose at least three (3) of the following and answer them in depth. I will quote from your answers in your report card comments, so please take time to edit & revise your writing, ensuring that it is ready for public consumption. For each answer, be sure to use specific evidence & examples.

  • What have you learned about the way you learn, work, and/or collaborate?             I have learned that I am capable of being the leader in the group, I have learned to use my strong voice in a positive, yet productive way. While working in Randy's class I have learned to be in a group while being the leader/project manager. In the tenth grade I would stepback and allow whoever wanted to be leader to be "in charge".
  • What project was most valuable to you, and what have you gained from it?Ampersand was the most valuable project, while working on Ampersand it taught me a lot about myself, I proved many people wrong about my work ethic, I showed that I am capable of extra work, leadership roles, being organized, and staying on top of things.
  • Describe one valuable mistake you made this year.                                                          One mistake I made this year was thinking I had more time then usually did. There have been a few times when i had papers to write and I held them off for a while and I would rush the night before it was due to rush and get all my thoughts together so my paper would be on time.
  • What is your greatest strength as a student in a project-based learning environment?                                                                                                                         The greatest strength I have in a project-based learning environment would be my ability to work with instructions but not always having a teacher  hold my hand throughout te entire project. For example I have my Engineering project Karl went over the rules, how touse the tools, and assigned us a project. I loved engineering class because of the freedom I had as a student to create a project, my partner and i worked well with eachother, and Karl wasn't need every minute to answer questions we could figure out for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment