Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Writing Reflection

Please answer both of the following with substantial, thorough, thoughtful, well-revised, multi-paragraph pieces of writing that feature direct evidence, specific examples, and a high degree of honest self-reflection.
My writing has improved dramatically this year, I went from poor punctuation, and through throwing all my thoughts onto paper, to developing high quality pieces of work. Using as many Writing Tips I could. If you take a look at my ( American Icon Project.) you see a paper written to the best of my ability then, after obtaining all of my knowledge from Randy's Writing Tips, I have grown as a writer, and I enjoy showing off my work. Before learning to incorporate the Writing Tips into my writing my previous writings throughout this school year have I was constantly used "ing" Verbs, and failed at Activating my verbs. Now, when I am assigned a writing task. I just need to worry about what exactly I am going to write about, and not whether it is good or not.

A goal I have set for myself would be to re-learn how to come up with a conclusion. Ending any form of writing has been a struggle of mine, and I would love to feel more comfortable with ending essay's, articles, etc. Usually when ending anything I write I reflect back on previous statements by saying "Like mentioned before, Randy is the best teacher because he has a great bread. This is logical because, facial hair is amazing." I would like to learn a more useful vocabulary, and how to form my argument, and evidence in a "and there you have it" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment