Friday, January 22, 2010

Internship #11

This was a good week, some highlights were the footage Noni and I captured at our night class and at school using the students (who attend HTHMA) as actors. Another one would be the editing process so far we are working hard on the video and I am liking how it is turning out so far. I am really excited to present the video to the staff at Seeds Educational Services. Some challenges I had this week were adding captions to the video since the students we interviewed dont speak clearly, the program we are using is iMovie and we are still trying to figure out this problem. Something memorable about this week was the weather of course, and all of the hard work Noni and I have put in at the office and in our classes. This week was productive and stressing but I am managing to get through this internship experience and I am proud of the work I am doing.

Stacy's Interview:

To answer your first question about cognitive disabilities: People are people. People with cognitive disabilities need assistance with understanding but they are capable of learning if given the information in a way that they can learn...

I decided to open SEEDS because I had seen sexual abuse with people with cognitive disabilities and there were no services for people with cognitive disabilities. I figured that I could do something and that is how we started

Non-profits are not difficult as long as you do not mine long hours and lots of work...You need to believe in what you do and why you do it...

SEEDS was started in 1987 we went non-profit in 2003

I love the people that I meet and the families and helping..

I went to Dominguez Hills State Univiersity and then went for national certification in Developmental Disabilities and Family Life Education

I majored in Nursing and I did not see me doing this at all...it was the sexual assaults that caused me to be in this field.

No comments:

Post a Comment